The Tom L. Johnson Plaza sits in the center of the northern half of Public Square. It covers a 7,000 square foot area of the park and features a statue of the former Cleveland Mayor.
Tom L. Johnson served as Mayor of Cleveland for three terms from 1901-1909.
The statue of Mayor Johnson was originally built on Public Square in 1915. According to Cleveland Historical The Group Plan Commission was formed under his leadership.
This area of Public Square sits between Overlook Hill and the Jack, Joseph, and Morton Mandel Concert Hill.